View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

What did your breeder tell you? What was the breeder feeding?

Your baby is 12 weeks old. I would be feeding canned Royal Canin Puppy food, while I am weaning this baby over to RC Puppy kibble, which I may or may not be softening with a little warm water until this baby gets used to crunching down on kibble...RC puppy kibble is softer and flavor enhanced to please a puppy....I leave all my puppies on puppy kibble until they are a year old, then they go to RC adult kibble. I free feed all babies until they are a year old, then they can be advanced to 3 times a day....I always free feed all my dogs....when they get to be a year old, the adult kibble food goes into a large bowl and they eat when ever they want, all day long. They have set times they go outside to poop, and they know to wait until that time....isnt a problem because it is frequent enough during the day that the dogs have no problem holding and waiting until they go outside to use the bathroom. Hoping you have a great book, "Yorkies for Dummies"....you need to read that book cover to cover....and keep it close because you will refer to it for years to come.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!