View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
magicgenie
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nancy1999 View Post
I've got to say I'm disappointed Breny has chosen to use the name "babydolls" in her new business venture. I always suggest that someone talk to several members of the YTCA before choosing a breeder. Most of the members of the YTCA are breeding to "better the breed", that means that they do health testing on their breading pairs and know the lines back 5 generations on both sides. Pet breeders are breeding for profit, it's a business for them and when something is a business, you try and find a way to breed for the public and not for the betterment of the breed. Members of the YTCA have been forbidden to use the names babydoll or "teacup" because it suggests that they breed smaller dogs. A breeder should never breed a dog under 5 pounds and this won't ensure breeding a tiny anyway, all it does is put undo stress on mom. Good breeders place smaller Yorkies in pet homes, they don't breed them, so you have a better chance of finding a smaller yorkie with a good breeder. Remember, the standard for Yorkies is "Must not exceed seven pounds", so it's really quiet easy to find a 4 or 5 pound yorkie from a good breeder. (That's the full grown weight, not puppy weight. I wouldn't suggest someone who is young get a 3 pounder, they are usually quite expensive to own because of special needs, allergies, injuries and dental problems. Also, it's best if they aren't ever around children unsupervised.

Please read some of the material in the library before choosing a breeder, just because someone is a member of Yorkietalk and a nice lady, it does not make them a responsible breeder. You have to do your homework and read what makes a good breeder and how are they different from pet breeders. http://www.yorkietalk.com/forums/bre...e-breeder.html Also, check out the YTCA. Yorkshire Terrier Dog Breeders- Yorkie Puppies
Nancy, as far as I know you're not a breeder and that you're still here telling how to breed and what words we can't use to describe our puppies is, frankly, tiresome!
Brenda is a very experienced breeder with an excellent reputation. Some of us don't buy the YTCA hype declaring themselves the owners of the breed patent!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!