View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 11:59 AM   #9
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

That is so very saddening. Poor toy dog that Maltese. I don't think we have the same degree here in Toronto - although lots of stupid owners - but most obey the leash laws here in my city.

have to say the few times my big dogs have had to defend is for my Razzle - my Yorkie - we used to go to leash free parks but after the second time -when Razz was being *bad* and ran to big boy Magic to defend him - that was it for us.

I did try it out with my calm Male Magic the big boy some 7 yrs later - about 2wks or so ago - and he was bedevilled by out of control off leash dogs. I just wanted him to legally run free a bit and retreive a ball. Sigh we had to leave. A situation developed that the other owner was ignorantly un-aware of - his dog growling at mine over and over again. Magic was about to attack. He had HAD ENOUGH! And this is a senior boy who does not need at his advanced age to get into a bloody dog fight. BTW this aggressor was a big dog - Magic ignores the ankle biters. Ie the small dogs.

And I am sorry but I will voice that I do not trust pit bull type dogs - seen too many owned by idiot owners who do not train and do not control their dogs.. The problem is their bite strenght and propensity to not dis-engage at all. Although according to Magic the worst dog in the world is a bull dog he can't stand them - he was attacked as a young dog by one. There are many other idiot owners of other breeds and dependent on the breed - you do not get into as much trouble with dog aggression.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!