View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 06:49 PM   #2
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Unless she is totally vaccinated, which is usually week 12-14, she shouldnt be outside....toooo many diseases out there she can get....from where people have walked, other animals (mice, squirrels, possums, cats, etc) have walked/played, etc. After baby is completely vaccinated, she will be protected and safe for outdoor adventures.

After she is older, she will enjoy water sports, but you have to introduce them slowly or you will scare her....like splashing around in a couple inches deep water in a kiddie pool, running thru a sprinkler, chasing bubbles from either hand held bubble blower or a machine that produces masses of bubbles....I have water games of all kinds for mine....kill two birds with one stone by letting the babies play joyously in the water games, and also I am watering my yard! I put vienna sausage in plastic coke bottles....I slice them into about 1/2 in thick rounds, and put them into a coke bottle....they roll those coke bottles all over the back yard, rewarded for their persistence with a tid bit that comes out of the bottle at frequent intervals. I also have a round hamster ball like what you put hamsters in so they can roll all over your house....I put bites of different meat or cheese inside it and they roll it all over the yard...but then you must open the ball and reward them for their efforts or that would be cruel I think! Mine play themselves to death in the back yard, but as the Houston heat climbs, they can only be out there doing that for an hour or just a little more, then they have to come inside and cool down..... and they all take naps from noon until 4pm, the hottest part of the day!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!