View Single Post
Old 05-20-2016, 01:18 AM   #19
LadyGemma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KairaPup View Post
Firstly, please don't take your ill-behaved yorkie to non-pet-friendly places like dance class anymore. It's not nice.

My girl is impeccable. She is a service dog, and as such has had a ton of training. Both on and off duty, she is obedient, quiet, and gentle. She has her little quirks, like giving a couple little barks when we see my friends off duty cus she's so excited, but that's a precious thing and I adore that she feels so much joy.
It wasn't an official dance class, it was my group's choreography rehearsal for the SF parade at a family owned studio, so it wasn't paying strangers or a professional class. I brought her to this to see how she would do. She didn't do that well and I hope she can do better so that she eventually come to a real dance class without creating a disturbance. What do you rec for teaching her to sit quietly or even just play quietly with her toys?

What service does your yorkie provide? Moxie is technically now an ESA after a discussion and letters my therapist and doctor, mostly for the purposes of flying, but not a service dog because she lacks the training. She is too mischevious to be a working dog, but if her job is help with my anxiety and PTSD, she does that without even intending to. She's ill behaved, but she's also an adorable, loving, energetic friend full of personality I am forever grateful for.
LadyGemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!