View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 09:29 PM   #7
chattiesmom
Donating YT 10K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by keirabobeira View Post
I'm not sure how I should go about getting a straight answer from her about the Sire's info.

I told her that I honestly do not care if the sire or dam won any championships.
I care most about the health and temperament of the puppies. I let her know that I meant no offense for asking these questions.

She probably went to sleep but now I'm up late, bothered by this whole situation. I would really appreciate a name of the dog that would allow me to find him on the AKC website. She says he is AKC registered and is a champ but hasn't given me a name. just the CH (no breeder name) just dog's name. I did put in the dog's name only into the AKC website and both came up as females.

I want this pup, but the fact that she is not giving me straight answers and then asking me immediately to let her know if i changed my mind and no longer want the pup is bothering me.
If you are having this much trouble getting the name of the sire and AKC registration information, then take that as a huge, gigantic red flag. A reputable breeder who is proud of their stock would gladly provide that information.

The only way I can express my concerns about your breeder is to tell you about MY girls. I am always happy and ready to share my "bragging rights" about my bitches who are Champions. My Lolliepop's father, Jack, was the #1 Yorkie in America the year she was whelped and her mother was a Rothby. My Lacie's father was the one and only "Trip" who was one of the top producers in America. Lacie's brother is currently the #1 yorkie in America, Rudy, who was Best of Opposite Sex at Westminster last year. You better believe that if you were interested in purchasing a pup from me, you would have copies of AKC registration papers as well as pedigrees -- I am very proud of my girls and I am not shy about it .

I just feel like ANY breeder you want to do business with should be proud enough of their dams and sires to be straight forward and share any and all pertinent information. I would RUN, not walk from any breeder who won't give you straight answers.
chattiesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!