View Single Post
Old 05-18-2016, 07:16 PM   #1
keirabobeira
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Default Trust the breeder or ask more questions?

I found a breeder with a pup.
I already bought a plane ticket for when I need to go pick her up.
She sent me her contract today and it has the Sire and Dam's name.
I was able to locate the Dam's basic info and AKC registration name on the AKC website. The Sire, not so much.
I contacted the breeder asking about the issue because there is a CH before his name but it doesn't have the Breeders name in front of the dogs name. She responded saying that the dog is a friends dog that she often breeds with, and shows each others dogs occasionally and that the dog is AKC registered and is a champion.

She told me previously that the dog was a champ and sent me a picture of the dog at a show for being "best bred by exhibitor"

This breeder is listed on the AKC site, was recommended by a different breeder I contacted (also from the AKC list), and is listed as an active member in her local AKC chapter. I did my research and went this far with this breeder because I trust her. I've spoken on the phone with her several times and I believe she does genuinely cares about her dogs, her pups, and is passionate about what she does.

I guess I'm just a bit thrown off by her answer. I would like to be able to locate the Sire's info on the official AKC website as I am paying a good amount of money for a pup from her. I'm just not sure how to approach her now. I do not want to offend her. A part of me says just trust her, but who cares if the Sire isn't a champ or AKC registered. I just honestly want a happy, healthy pup. but another part of me, I am a bit hesitant.

any advice on how to approach this subject with her would be greatly appreciated.
keirabobeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!