View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
caseymarie09
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Unknown allergy emergency

I posted back in October-December about my Lola breaking out in hives due to an allergic reaction. In December, the vet gave me Royal Canin hypoallergenic food for 30 days and Temeril to see if it could be food allergies. She was fine all month and when I took her back for a checkup in January they said to put her back on her normal food to see if she breaks out again. There had only been a couple of times where she tried to get red and I would give her medicine and it went away. This past Thursday she started breaking out really bad again so I gave her the last of the Temeril I had and some benadryl. Friday morning I took her to the vet and she said it looks like she has staph infection and could be allergic to the bacteria. Then she named several other things that she could be allergic to like maybe a random flea bit her, things in the air, and still said maybe food. She really wants to see if it's a food allergy before doing any skin testing, but honestly, I'm sick of the "wait and see/trial and error" thing..because she gave me Prednisone and Benadryl to give her every 12 hours for the weekend, then I talked to her friday evening on the phone and I told her I had to give it to her before the 12 hours was up and she said to try every 8 hours. She can't even make it 8 hours! She did this morning and her skin was clear, but by about 9:45pm tonight she was broken out SO SO SO much worse than she has all weekend. I gave her a whole Prednisone and a whole Benadryl and 10 minutes later she threw up SO much. More than I have ever seen her throw up. The vet said if she has to have a skin test I will probably have to take her to a dermatologist which is 4 hours away because my vet doesn't have the equipment (I live in a super small town in the middle of nowhere and she's never had an animal this sick and complicated so she can't afford to keep the equipment and not have to use it, which is understandable). She also has a sick daughter who she has to take out of town to doctors appointments a lot, this weekend actually, and I will probably have to take her to a vet tomorrow that is 1.5 hours away. I know this is super long and I very much appreciate anyone who reads this whole thing, but has anyone ever had a dog experience this? I am so sick of not getting answers and I cannot afford just throwing away money. I feel like she is my actual child and I can't handle not being able to help her.
caseymarie09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!