View Single Post
Old 05-15-2016, 03:28 PM   #1
Shy
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry Problems with paws after grooming

Hello everyone,
First of all I must say that my yorkshire dosen't like to have his paws touched. He usually barks, even tries to bite when someone comes near em. So that's why we found it very difficult to find a good groomer with enough patience for him. Over a year ago we found someone who finally understood his behavior. Everything seemed fine till last week when he had his last grooming session. When we got back home with him we noticed excessive licking and chewing of the paws. He even started limping few days after, that's when we realized something is wrong with him.
After we examined his paws we noticed 2 big blisters maybe 1 inch or so each. They were pinkish color till yesterday but now one of em is dark red and the other one is brown/black.
Sometimes he's holding his injured paws off the ground, sometimes he dosen't. He's still pretty active, eats well, sleep well, wants to play all the time. We tried to clean his paws twice per day and hoped we wont have to go to vet. But now since he's not feeling any better i'm afraid we don't have any other choice. I'm worried that visiting the vet will cause him even more harm, he can be very aggressive sometimes Do you guys think it's an infection? Is there anything else we could do for him at home? He won't let me wrap his paw in a bandage, that's for sure.
We will visit the vet most likely tomorrow, but i'm worried sick. He's still in pain, even after a week.
Shy is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!