View Single Post
Old 05-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #10
Gr33zyinc
Yorkie Talker

That is a good point, but not really an problem for us. Growing up I had a neutered dog, he still liked to raise a leg in front of a fire hydrant or tree. Our guy is five years old now, if he was maybe 1 or 2 years old, I may have been more open to the idea. However I don't see a real purpose in it now at this age.
Yes he likes to hike his leg up and pee on bushes and fire hydrants, trees and shrubs when he is out (which I don't really see as an issue), but he knows not to go in the house. Another thing he'll do is kick his rear feet backwards in the grass after he goes (again probably another dominant/territorial thing), however this is not really an issue for us. He has not gone to the washroom inside in years, if he needs to go, he will go to his "place" in front of the backdoor and either hit the door with his claw or bark (to tell us he needs to be let out). Same thing when we take him to other family members homes, he will not go inside, but find the backdoor and claw or bark by it.

I can take him out to the local park (not dog park), if he meets a dog they'll sniff each other and and they're fine. He can be in front of a husky and be real calm outside. We've had a stranger bring their maltese into our home (for a visit), first time they met, they sniffed each other and followed each other around the house, no dominate or territorial behave shown. (No posturing up, being stiff, mounting, raised hair or tail, barking, nothing! Just some friendly sniffing and running/walking around.)
Gr33zyinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!