View Single Post
Old 05-13-2016, 05:00 PM   #6
Deviruchi
Senior Yorkie Talker

thank you all for your response..
and @noomi, i hope your baby will have a successful surgery. i know i was in nervous wreck when my other baby had to go through lp surgeries on both knees :/ didn't even know dogs could get hernia that way, after birth and all. O_o;

so.. i've spoke to breeder today and the vet indeed pointed out that the baby have inguinal hernia. :/ and she recommends surgery at 3 months, as it was pretty bad.. but she was too tiny at the moment.

i know i'm attached to the girl already, as she looks imaginably cute and extremely friendly, but i don't think i can keep her anymore.... so i'm changing to next litters. i feel really bad making this decision (even though i didn't pick her up yet..), but nami, who had lp, i'm still scared whenever she plays.. walks.. runs or anything that may stress her tiny little legs out.. and i'm sure i'd do the same worrying for the other girl.

@mybellababy, did you find out that your baby had the hernia after you've picked her up? O_o? but i'm glad her surgery went ok.

@yorkiemom1, @maximo, i know what you mean. the other breeder who i got the other girl from before (who had lp on knees) said that she'd pay some for it, but never responded ever since. i'd do something about it.. but she's out of country so it'd be hard to reach her. -_-; but this breeder, i've gotten other dogs from, and the girl with the hernia would have been the 3rd from her. it's not that i didn't trust her, as she offered to pay for the surgery while she's still there, and to keep her, but i'm not sure if i wanted to fear that the hernia would come back rest of her life.

i feel so horrible feeling like i'm abandoning her already.. i hope you guys don't judge me :/

Last edited by Deviruchi; 05-13-2016 at 05:04 PM.
Deviruchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!