View Single Post
Old 05-10-2016, 03:45 PM   #4
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Best way to deal with this is to stop it! Right now. Tether Chewie on a leash whenever you want the two out around together. This allows you control over the dog. There is never ever any great reason for a dog to bite. And she is not too young for possession guarding even at eight wks old pups can do this.

You actually might need to do a bit ,more than No. That being corrections.
I've tried other things, but, I haven't done the previous suggestions, and I've started on them today. The thethering will be tonight, I did treats about 20 minutes ago after she got home from school.

My daughter gets super upset that her "bites" on me aren't anything more than tiny little nibbles that are playful. I've tried explaining it, but it's not doing any good. It doesn't help that my daughter had an incident with a chihuahua- one of those ridiculously tiny ones a neighbor had. It barked, she ran, it barked and ran after her- she freaked out, it got excited... and then she had a phobia. Lately she's confessed she's getting scared and I told her no way, can't show fear of any kind, have to understand Chewie is only 3.5 pounds and she hasn't broken skin. (yet.. although last night was an almost) I need to nip this in the bud. I'll update you on which technique worked. Trainer has to come by any way for makeup from her last GI bout, and we are working on that as well.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!