View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 10:17 PM   #1
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Default biting daughter.

Oh, and sometimes she'll take a snap at husband, the other "alpha" as well. This happened, AGAIN, 10 minutes ago. Daughter was hugging Chewie, things were fine. I pet her, she put my hand in between her paws, started "grooming" me, and then daughter touched my wrist. She hopped up without one single outward sign, bit, and then bit again- made contact with her nose the second time. She then calmly curled back up, grabbed my hand, and continued doing what she was doing. Her ears WERE turned towards each other- her classic sign for dominance. We told her no, of course. Doesn't matter.

I cleared out, and instructed daughter to pet her. No. She got up and moved to the other side of my bed. Gave her what I call the "narwhal" eye.

I know she's too young for possession guarding at her age- not yet 7 months. What in the heck is going on?! We really need this to stop. Chewie loves her a lot and is always super excited to see her. She's her second best human. I think she thinks I belong to her and that's the reason. Any one deal with this? Best way to handle it? Thanks.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!