Thread: Encephalitis
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2016, 12:06 PM   #15
Rachael1983
Donating YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shicks View Post
So sorry. Titan was treated with steroids & chemo, a big round once a month at U.T. & a chemo pill everyday. It took 4 days & he was better. Lots of U.T visits, vet visits & thousands of dollars, & more & more medications. He left us just shy of 2 years from diagnosis. He did get back to his Yorkie self & I made every second count. Prayers for you & baby. This is a terrible horrible disease.

To the OP, My Troy passed away from GME 3 years ago. I ended up putting him down once he became to lethargic to eat and drink. This is an awful disease with a poor prognosis and Shicks is right that its very expensive to maintain even for a little while.

I do hope your pup is provided as much comfort as possible. I can say that after getting Emma, my breeder actually mentioned there's some research that suggests that some of the combination vaccines that are offered these days have contributed to neurological disorders in otherwise healthy small dogs. I've steered away from the combo vaccines and lepto for this reason.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!