View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 05:09 PM   #1
yorkietalkjilly
♥ Love My Tibbe! ♥
Donating Member

Default So Grateful for YorkieTalk & You Guys! Thanks for the Cards!

I've missed you guys something fierce but things have been tough here - waiting on a total hip replacement, in a lot of hip pain, neck is still very iffy, scared of upcoming colonoscopy - can't have the replacement until my June colonoscopy if good - if it is! Sister, Billie, is in the hospital with her aneurysm and now her doctor is saying she has cognitive deficiency and needs 24 hour attendance so won't let her go home, recommending nursing home. She's livid and not cognitively deficient as far as I or any of us can see(sadly, except her own daughter - who agrees with the doctor and we;we've been to court once already over it!). Been spending an inordinate amount of time on the phone with her, then searching the internet about the subject of mental capacity testing, the power of Adult Protective Services(who her daughter called in and they agree with her doctor that she should go to a nursing home and needs a guardian), talking to her attorneys, the court investigator, her social worker, her assistant pastor, friends, etc. When she had her syncopal episode, her friends called 911 and they took her to Parkland Hospital! It's the hospital where all the poor who don't have insurance go - and now we find it's where they take patients with "impaired cognitive function" and most seem to go from there to a nursing home. I'm so worried!

I've missed you all so much but this month, searching the web and sending emails and so on I've gotten off the computer and had to take a hot bath and then use an ice pack and pain pill to recover from sitting and researching so long. My hips are not sitting-friendly right now! HOnestly, with the neck problems and the sitting problems sitting up twisted to the left to access this laptop have been the worst idea I could imagine and I;I've most stayed off the computer except to run its security programs. But I still wanted to get online so badly just to touch base. Trouble is, I never 'touch base' on anything and think of hundreds of things I need to say! Just like now!

Imagine my surprise when I got a manila envelope from Jay last week when I finally attacked the huge stack of mail I'd had to put off with everything going on. The envelope was filled with cheerful and cute greeting cards from Jay, Lisa, Betty, Ann and Jan - whose card plays a little song when you open it!!! I just sat down and teared up - missed you all so bad right then. Then the phone rang and I was back into Billie's situation for the next two hours. But I've put the cards around the den and every direction I look I see a card from a dear friend on YT! Works like a charm to think there are buddies out there like you guys. You are such a wonderful collection of sweethearts.

I've got a whole lot of PM's I'll be answering one at a time as I can - don't want to start this neck off again. So gotta sign off for now - Billie just called - just heard about the hearing Monday - but just couldn't wait another minute to get online and try to tell you guys what's been going on.

Love you all so much. ♥♥♥
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!