View Single Post
Old 05-06-2016, 02:56 AM   #6
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

Welcome to YT. Yorkie puppies, need, DEMAND lol a lot of attention, they are people dogs, meaning they need to be with us all the time. As you baby grows he will DEMAND less attention, NOT a LOT less lol, but he will start entertaining himself. I have had yorkies for 30+ years no small children to care for, I never saw it as "giving them attention" I saw it as giving me pleasure, laughter, entertainment. My now rescued little boy came to me at 2.5 years old. His prev. owner had him crated while they were at work, so he was use to being alone. When he came to me he had freedom of the entire house, he would never see a crate again. The first month I had him if I had to go out he came with me. I didn't want him to think I abandoned him, he need to gain trust in me, he needed to know he was in his forever home. After a month I started to leave him alone for short periods, I have a cameras, he slept while I was gone. I assume because he was use to being alone for many hours while the prev. owner worked, he was use to it, so there are no problems with him. Koda is just a little baby, I would crate him, x-pen or iris pen is the best way to keep him protected, safe, and out of mischief. Try leaving him alone but protected, yorkies can get into so much mischief that can harm them. Leave him for 30 minutes, gradually increase the time, get him use to there will be times he will be alone. Enjoy these puppy days, they grow so fast.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!