View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 10:24 PM   #1
Ginas Harley
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Cry My baby is dying, am I holding on too long?

Hello,
I posted here under 'Harley Kilgore' : Thread: "Harley has Cushings Disease" a month ago. I have been so distraught, I can't remember the sign in so found an older account from years back.

Harley is 11 1/2 y.o. was diagnosed with Cushings the first of November 2015 and treated with Vetoryl. In Feb when we finally got this blood work and ACTH tests showing Cushings was under control and he was doing great, he started stumbling, falling over, face planting etc . We have spent $6,000.00 in 6 months for emergency over night hospital stays, tests, (sonogram, ACTH tests every 4 weeks), blood work, medication, prescription low fat dog food after a bout with Pancreatic and chronic UTI's, along with an MRI. We work directly with an Internist Ms Perez (which we love) at the Coral Springs Animal Hospital instead of a Vet. After MRI we were told Harley had 2-4 months to live due to a very large brain tumor and needed Radiation at a Florida University 5 hours drive North of us and would be there a week or so at a time. I cried day and night. Estimate would be $8,000.00 no guarantee but MAY give us another year with our Harley. We are not rich and can not afford the Radiation Therapy. I begged for another treatment but his age and health the only alternative is a steroid to keep him comfortable called Prednisone. The last 2 weeks have been WONDERFUL, it's like we have our Harley from a year ago back. He started barking again, greeting us at door and smothering us with kisses, prancing around stable without falling / stumbling etc. BUT the last 2 days, I see him reverting back to stumbling and falling over, urinating excessively, starving constantly even tho I am feeding him boiled chicken breast with rice 3 to 4 times a day. I am heartbroken and feel like I am about to have a nervous break down. Would anyone take a loan out and have the Radiation done?? I am sick to my stomach and feel like I am abandoning my baby. Has anyone had a fur baby cured from a brain tumor? I can't bear the thought of putting him to sleep when he looks at me with his big brown eyes. Am I being selfish, stupid etc? I am so desperate to save him I am praying for a Miracle and even pour some of my Holy Water I have had in a bottle for years.
Ginas Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!