Thread: bossy
View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 07:30 PM   #7
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemysookie View Post
Hello. I'm new to this yorkie world..got my sookie as my birthday present from my husband..had never has a small breed nor female dog before...my concern is that I sometimes feel my precious sookie is trying g to become the second in command at our house..first alpha is my husband..she is a perfect angel until I correct her about her biting on my fingers..she'll growl and complain and bark non stop and will challenge me by getting close to my fingers an biting slow...I normally stop playing with her and ignore her for 5 minutes then resume play..but after bout 2 hrs or so she will try me again...I use "no biting commands she knows what I mean...she is r months old...and otherwise a great joy super smart and loving . .any suggestions?
Are you sure she is trying to be bossy, or is she just teething? Max chewed gently on my dad's fingers when he was teething. Helped loosen his baby teeth and gave him relief from gum pain.

Max did like to nibble my bare toes in the morning at that age too. He was being playful, but I didn't want him to keep that habit. Using an even voice, I told him to stop. If he didn't, I put him back in his xpen while I brushed my teeth and dressed. He quickly learned that if he wanted his freedom, he couldn't nibble my toes.

Yorkie puppies tend to growl when they are being playful. I think it is part of finding their voice and being little rascals. Barking, definitely want to get a handle on that. Work on "speak" and "quiet" commands. Keep doing the ignore thing, not giving attention when displaying unwanted behavior.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!