View Single Post
Old 04-27-2016, 12:23 PM   #3
JakeysMama
Yorkie Yakker

He is doing better today. This morning I tried crushing the Royal Canin kibble and sprinkling it over the wet, and while he did have an accident when I was out, it looked more formed and no blood that I can see.

But this is just one day. Yesterday he still had soft poops and blood jelly drops and he is on two dose of Flagyl and Royal Canin.

I am just taking this one day at a time and doing a lot of praying. If he's still having blood by Saturday, I'm calling my vet, he works on Sat. I just worry about giving him all these antibiotics, it seems that every time he goes into a flare, it takes longer for the Flagyl to work.
When he first got sick, they put him on Flagyl and it worked almost overnight! Now it takes weeks and I'm scared he's building a tolerance to it.

Other than the loose poops and blood, he's also peeing more, having accidents in the house. I wonder if this is the Royal Canin or a Flagyl side effect because he was housebroken.
Idk I bought a steam cleaner, but his pee really stains my beige carpet. I have gotten a lot more patient and less hung up on perfect carpet because of Jake, Lol, I don't care about the dang carpet, I just want my baby well.

Anyway, you would never no he is sick, he loves to play and his hair and coat is beautiful, eyes are clear. He's precious, so I'm hopeful we will get through this.

Thank you for asking Wylie's Mom.
JakeysMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!