View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 02:54 PM   #3
K9Yorkie
Yorkie Talker

Default Buying meds online

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIrwin
I priced Sentinel heartworm pills on several online medicine websites. After getting these prices I called my vet's office for his price. Naturally, my vet's office charges considerably more but they cautioned me against ordering from online sites saying that these sites don't necessarily have the medicine by the same manufacturer as the vet does. Furthermore, if the pet has a reaction or any medical complication resulting from use of this medicine the name brand manufacturer used by the vet will cover all medical expenses.

Has anyone ever heard of this or am I just being suckered in to buying from my vet?

I used to work at a vet clinic and we had regular presentations given to us by the makers of Heartgard/Frontline and Revolution. They did tell us that customers should not buy from "most" online places because many of the products are being sold past expiration dates and are also being purchased in bulk illegally by the companies that operate those sites. Now remember - this is coming from the companies that sell the products to my vet, so of course they want customers to purchase that way. I still buy from my vet because I take my dogs and cat there regularly anyway.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!