View Single Post
Old 03-07-2006, 12:07 PM   #1
annaschaben
YT 500 Club Member

Default Are they really PG

I'm new to this whole breeding thing. I have two that are expecting soon (I think). Madie on the 15th and Roxie on the 23rd. I am planning on having them X-rayed at the end of this week but I have very little patients at this point.

Madie had an Ultra sound when she was 3 weeks along and the vet said he saw two sacks. He wasn't sure but he thought she may be reabsorbing them.

I took Madie back @ 5 weeks and roxie in at 4 weeks. My normal vet had to go out on a call (farming community and he covers a huge area) he was over an hour away and hadn't started heading back yet. I couldn't wait around and the other vet said (after I begged) that she could try to take a look just to make sure they were PG: however, she is use to working with big animals and doesn't usually do anything with small animals, so there would be no counting of pups (they only charged me half price).

She was sure that she seen a sack in Madie and in Roxie with something in them that moved.

Okay, here is my question. Nether of the dogs seem very big to me. Madie, 4.75 lb to start, gained 1 lb the first 4 weeks and not much since and Roxie, normally 4.5) maybe has only gained about 1/4 lb. They both seem "fuller" an have more prominant nipple and there vulvas are still slightly swollen. I was just wondering in any body else opinion (hopefully someone with experience) what they think.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!