View Single Post
Old 04-14-2016, 07:30 AM   #11
pstinard
YT 3000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragRacer1934 View Post
Ok! I will deff do the rabies separate...

So here is what the breeder has on her vaccination records. I figured I'd post it so it could help.

Born: February 7th, 2016
Pyrandel Wormer (3-7-16) (3-15-16) (3-21-16) (3-28-16) (4-4-16)

Puppy Shot- Nobivac1-DAPPV (3-28-16)

Neopar Shot (3-4-16)

Sold and brought home 4-7-16...

SOOOO..... Since that is when he got all his first round of shots.... is it still ok to wait until he is 12 weeks old? Because that will be pretty far in between. I just wanted to use these dates and double check. Could any breeders and parents give me any opinions please?

I will deff do Rabies separate.... I just want to know if I can do the other round 2 of Distemper & Parvo.....
Also, would you start him on lyme yet or no?
Here is an article on Lyme Disease vaccine. It is a non-core vaccine, to be given if Lyme Disease is prevalent in your area AND if your dog is at risk for catching it: Canine Vaccination Series: Part 6 - Lyme Disease Vaccine for Dogs | petMD

According to the article, the shot series is started at 12 weeks of age, followed by another 2 to 4 weeks later, and then annually after that. If you decide to go with the Lyme Disease vaccination, space it out separate from the other vaccinations.

As far as your other core vaccinations go, it looks like the first shots were given at a little over 7 weeks of age. That *may* have been too early to be effective since it should have been give at 8 to 9 weeks of age. Others on Yorkietalk will let you know if that is the case. I don't think there is any harm in waiting until you have an appointment to see your new vet to give the next core vaccines in the series. Just keep your puppy indoors, and if you go outside, keep it brief and away from where other animals may have urinated. We potty trained our Bella indoors, so that was not a problem for us.
pstinard is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!