View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 12:29 PM   #1
QuackXP
Yorkie Talker

Default Information Overload

It seems for every different site I visit there are a number of different opinions on how to train a puppy. Now there do seem to be some common themes. However even something as well accepted as crate training has multiple variations depending on who the source of the information is.

I've seen this type of information overload in other hobbies and projects. Most of the time the worst case scenario is I waste my time and resources by ruining some inanimate object or by getting it wrong or having to do something over again.

But with a puppy and dealing with a living creature, one that has automatically showed us unconditional affection I feel the stakes are higher to get it right the first time.

Getting things wrong not only means wasted resources but excess stress on a living thing.

This has led to an increase amount of stress in attempting to decide the best course of action.

Also like some other hobbies and projects where you can see immediate and measurable results that is not always the case raising a puppy.

We have only had our puppy a few days and we have noticed some improvements and from what we can tell so far very little backsliding. But I know we will not see the real fruit of our labors until the puppy is is closer to adulthood.

I know this is kind of existential as I'm not really looking for practical advice. But I just wanted to share my worries with those who have gone through this before.

Last edited by QuackXP; 04-13-2016 at 12:31 PM.
QuackXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!