View Single Post
Old 04-13-2016, 07:17 AM   #1
DragRacer1934
Yorkie Yakker

Omg Puppy Shots Decision?! HELP!

My Nitro was born on February 7th. He is now 9.5 weeks old.
The breeder gave him his first set of distemper and parvo and de-wormers. I brought him home last Thursday.... I took him to the vet to get a vet check and they said he's not ready for his next vaccines until at least April 19th.. (which is Tuesday!).... So I made an apt for Tuesday the 19th... I have now heard better things about a different vet so I called to try to get him in over there. They're first appointment they have available is for Friday May 6th. (which is 17 days after the first visit I could go to.) As of May 6th Nitro would be 12.5 almost 13 weeks old.

So my question is.... should I take him to the first vet on the 19th or could I wait until the other vet on the 6th?....
I don't know if waiting is a terrible thing? He had his first set of parvo and distemper before I picked him up from the breeder. So is waiting that long in between vaccinations going to harm him? Please give me opinions... I don't want to harm him if I wait... I'd just like to make sure. Also, is 12.5 weeks too long to wait for his second round? is he getting too much older than when he should get them? Please let me know if its safe to wait.... if not I will take him to the first vet's appointment on Tuesday. Thanks!

-Nitro's mommy!
DragRacer1934 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!