View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 03:08 PM   #3
JuneBugs Momma
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemy View Post
Acouple of questions t o ask your breeder a_ when was her last heat cycle and b) how often does she cycle? Ask her what her usual behaviour is when she does come into heat.

Spaying if possible is probably good to do especially if her last heat was at least six wks ago from the date you got her.

It is hard to tell in toy breeds when they come into heat especially if you are new to the breed and or never had another intact female of any breed

Excessive licking of their rear area - discharge - swollen vulva are all signs. Behaviour changes can run the gambit from being more clingey or affectionate to more aloof.... I can tell you that vulva changes are quite apparent but usually after they have been in heat a bit. But without a known baseline it is hard to describe to you.

Her litter was born in the middle of November (therefore, making her last heat in September) and guessing that her next heat should be soon. This dog came to her already pregnant so knowing how often she cycles or her behaviours are unknown.

If it would help, I can take a photo of her vulva and post? I know, it sounds funny but it is what it is. Let me know.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!