Thread: Potty Training
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2016, 04:05 AM   #2
lilgidget
YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgidget View Post
My little almost 3 mo old Gidget does really well using her wee wee pads when she's confined to the kitchen/dining area. It measures about 10 x 16. When she's confined in that area, she will go immediately to the pad. The problem is when I let her out of that area. My whole house is only 820 sq ft so even when she's not confined, she's not that far away from her wee wee pad. The problem is that she won't go back to her wee wee pad but pees in whatever room she happens to be in. I think I'm going to put a pad in the hallway (her favoriate place) and another one near the front door (another favorite place). Hopefully, she'll sniff these out and realize that are for her to use when she's not confined. I'm going to Petsmart today and getting the pads that adhere to the floor to use in these other areas. Does it sound like a good idea? I'm going to give it a try and I'll post if it works for her.
Went to Petsmart and got the Top Paw wee wee pads. They have the adhesive strips. Left original wee wee tray and pad in kitchen, put Top Paw pad in living room. I shut off the hallway and bedrooms so she's still confined to 2 rooms since living room/dinette are one room. She's been using both, whichever is closest to her at the time. After a couple of weeks, I'm going to put one in the hallway. Then eventually move all closer and closer to the one in the kitchen area. Looks like this will be the answer for Gidget.
lilgidget is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!