View Single Post
Old 04-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #2
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

I completely understand! When Max was a tiny puppy, he thought it was great fun to nibble my bare toes first thing in the morning. Gentle as he was (he had great bite inhibition at 13 weeks), it still freaked me out.

1) I'm sort of grouchy in the morning, especially 5 am, the time I would wake up to take care of his puppy needs

2) Would you believe that I had a fear of being bitten by small dogs before I decided to have a Yorkie? Now they could take a finger and I wouldn't flinch, not that I would let them.

Anyway, I cured him of his game by making him stay in his xpen while I brushed my teeth and put on my socks. He quickly learned that if he wanted his freedom, he had to stop nibbling my toes.

If you use an xpen for this purpose, be sure to do it nicely. No angry scolding. I would say to Max, "Uh uh UH! No bite or back in the pen."

You can also wear socks or house shoes to discourage her until she grows out of the habit. Be sure to give her toys and safe things to satisfy her puppy teething needs. Good luck!

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!