View Single Post
Old 04-07-2016, 07:44 AM   #7
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

I can see where the issue of a collar that no longer fits the dog could possibly become a reality if you had a collar on a dog that remained outside in the yard and you had only minimal interaction with.....our Yorkies are indoors and are every bit as much a part of our lives as our children/grandchildren are! They are ALWAYS in your lap, beside you on the couch, chair, or floor.....not very likely a collar would suddenly be discovered as "too tight"!

Dont EVER use a collar around a toy dogs neck for anything other than something to hand ID tags on....to use a collar for attaching a leash or lead for walks, etc, could very easily lead to a damage trachea.....our Yorkies/toy dogs should be outfitted with halters for walking, or to attach a leash to for any activity.

I stopped using dog collars years ago....those tags flip and flop around and can very easily get caught in the spaces/openings in carriers/x-pens, etc, and your baby will hang itself.....it almost happened to me so I know only too well.

My dog tags hang on cat collars, that easily break away if the collar gets hung on something. Of course, all my dogs are microchipped and several of the seniors from overseas, are tattooed....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!