View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 06:00 PM   #6
Maximo
♥ Maximo and Teddy
Donating Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerryn915 View Post
I'm dealing with a severe throat reaction with my boy at the moment. His breathing is labored and the vet sent me home saying that if his tongue turns blue I need to go to the ER vet... So a bit confused and also she said it will take a few days and only get better very slowly. Just wondering what your situation and time frame was to get over the reaction. He was given a steroid shot and then some oral steroids to take over the next few days. So hard seeing him panting and not able to get comfortable. But at least it's not collapsed trachea which was my initial concern. Just very swollen throat and bronchial irritation.
Max's inflammation made me think he was choking. He started gagging and coughing out of nowhere like he was in distress. We rushed to the ER. The doctor said it was a severely inflamed throat. By that time, Max had calmed down. He coughed a little during the night, but nothing distressing.

We were not given anything at the ER, but our regular vet gave us antibiotics in the morning.

Maximo is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!