View Single Post
Old 04-06-2016, 05:22 PM   #4
Kerryn915
YT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximo View Post
Good warning. Mulch in general can be hazardous. One of my Yorkie friends on Facebook just went through a possible obstruction scare with her boy after he ate some mulch.

Max got into some mulch and the fine mulch powder at the park once. It may have contributed to a severe throat inflammation that he had 24 - 48 hours later.

I try to keep my boys away from it as much as possible. They like to sniff like vacuum cleaners.
I'm dealing with a severe throat reaction with my boy at the moment. His breathing is labored and the vet sent me home saying that if his tongue turns blue I need to go to the ER vet... So a bit confused and also she said it will take a few days and only get better very slowly. Just wondering what your situation and time frame was to get over the reaction. He was given a steroid shot and then some oral steroids to take over the next few days. So hard seeing him panting and not able to get comfortable. But at least it's not collapsed trachea which was my initial concern. Just very swollen throat and bronchial irritation.
Kerryn915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!