View Single Post
Old 04-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #7
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsnurse View Post
Rocky is on a daily antihistamine now because of the temperature changes. I can tell when it gets worse usually when its humid out. I try to avoid over stimulation and from him getting too stressed out. We also use a harness to prevent problems from a collar tightening around his neck when we walk him. I also use a humidifier during the overnight hours when I hear any changes in how he breaths. I work with his vet and no I can get medications if needed if he starts to show signs of respiratory issues but long term steroid use I heard is not the best. When he sounds like a little pig I'm all over it and making sure we never get to the point he was at the last time. His vet is happy with his progression and says he's doing great. Thank you about asking about medications for him but as I do with any members of my human family pharmaceuticals is not always the best.

How true! Of course, that is tempered with the absolute willingness to utilize pharmaceuticals when they do become necessary and provide much needed and appreciated relief to the patient!
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!