View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 04:46 PM   #4
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennaPenny View Post
My trainer is coming over tomorrow for a few private lessons because a few other issues, but this is the big one- just a bit of a head start on group training. If she says anything above and beyond some of the advice I've gotten on here, I'll tell you what she says. . I was told on here that treats work, and acting confident. I also got a harness, then the buddy belt.. harness just wasn't good enough and almost choked her. :/

She's responding, but it's very slow going. If I had a yard It would be much better, but I won't risk taking her off of a leash to explore the surroundings. She loves the dog park on our property, though, and that really helped her.

Chewie had a 20 minute lesson on Wednesday. We coaxed her out the door and gave her a few more treats. I think she had a bit too many, because she has WICKED smelling toots right now. She had one lesson and is now walking. Treats, constantly on leash and harness. coax her into both using treats (or him.. I'm sorry I've forgotten the gender!) She even did well when one of our other condo owners let her obese chihuahua off his leash, against rules. Even when he lifted her up sniffing her. She was a little trooper and walked around with that Yeah, I'm Chewie and you know i'm awesome look. After how scared my little big heapum brat was with the walking, I'm certain your little puppers will be walking soon.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!