View Single Post
Old 03-25-2016, 10:25 AM   #5
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wylie's Mom View Post
Hi and welcome to YT .

For me, it's more of a very concerning question bc whelping can literally (and very easily!) be a life and death situation for both Mom and puppies. So, I'd be super concerned about that many puppies. I personally could not let one of my babies go through a birth; couldn't risk it, they're just too beloved. For me, breeding is best left to the true experts and those who breed for the betterment of yorkies.

Do you have breeding experience, btw? If not, you have a ton of learning ahead of you and I'd most def see if there is a mentor who can get you through the birth.

The largest litter I ever had to deliver with momma, was 6 babies....about baby 4 -5, momma was wearing out. My dogs are all in 100% tip top condition, best diets, monitored continously way before they are ever bred, I am very experienced with this for many years, etc, so this was not something I was unprepared for........she required vet intervention with Oxytocin and Ca. You have to know when you need help, be sure you do, or you are not in a good place...I hope this is not a new adventure for you, because if you are a novice, this can be disasterous....please get you professional help lined up so you dont loose the entire shooting match.
This is a very heavy load for a yorkie.....good luck, be overly prepared....
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!