View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 04:59 PM   #10
MzLynnC
Donating Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
Sounds to me like you have a wonderful breeder and a great plan for your baby. Your breeder is absolutely correct....this fluke can blindside you right out of the blue....I had a female that I had used for 8 years, the last 6 years with the same stud. She had many litters during those years and had NEVER had a problem with even one baby....then right out of the blue, she threw a pup that had this crop up. These people even have a sibling from the same litter, that has no evidence of this issue. This baby was almost a year old before it showed up and this female had already had another litter.....never showed up in any of those babies either....clearly a throw back fluke.....but you dont continue to breed these specific two anymore.

A reputable breeder will be there for you, as yours is doing. We all handle it differently....I paid for all diagnostic testing, the surgery to correct the problem, the after care vet bills, as well as testing on the other little dog to make sure it was not a powder keg there too. That was the only puppy to ever have it from my breedings, never had it again....but you MUST stand by people when something like this happens to them, for the life of that baby.

You are sitting is a very good place....you have an excellent plan of care outlined for your baby, you have bought your baby from a reputable breeder that is there with you during this, and you have an excellent post op care plan, driven by professionals that know what they are doing....your baby will be just fine! And when it is all over, you wont even be able to tell what has happened! Your baby will be almost as good as new! Be encouraged with this.....you are in a great place with this pup!
Judy - I wasn't this worried when I had my last surgery - I feel better now with everyone's kind thoughts and words but will be glad when Tuesday is over next week.

Also sent my pre-approval claim into Trupanion, they are so nice on the phone, since his surgery is Tuesday, they are rushing up the approval so we know what is covered and what is not. Anything this little boy needs he will get. They will allow him to have his small puppy kong but no other toys from home or bedding. They are strict on the sterile environment. Am allowed to take his food and will give him some good enhancements like his Duck Duck Goose patties which he loves.

Lynn
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!