View Single Post
Old 03-24-2016, 08:10 AM   #18
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topcat1978 View Post
My 12 year old yorkie just got diabetes I feed her 2 times a day 12 hours apart she is on wet food now she weighs 9.5 pounds now. Was 7.5 !! So anyways how
Many oz should I feed her a meal?? Has to eat for her shoots a day. Important that she eats. Please help
How MUCH does she get per feeding? With this new diagnosis, I would feed her smaller amounts, more frequently during the day, I have no idea what brand you are feeding or how much each meal, baby gets. Is she getting a diagnosis specific diet......many brands have a diagnosis specific food, such as one for dogs with kidney disease, one for diabetics, etc......Start with a consultation from your vet that is treating your dog, and you may then consult a pet dietitian that can give you accurate pet specific help. Do your research on line with competent sources, such as PetMD, not just "word of mouth from pet owners" that may or may not have the best course of action for YOUR pet....do some research on your own so when someone DOES give you information, you will have an idea if it is what is best or even accurate for YOUR dog!
This is an old thread....start a new thread so you may get more input from others with this issue with their pets!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 03-24-2016 at 08:12 AM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!