View Single Post
Old 03-23-2016, 02:43 PM   #20
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

You need to be giving this baby Dr.Millers NutraDrops at least 5 times a day to keep her sugars up!!!!!! She obviously is NOT eating enough to do that with food alone, aqnd you can not let her get that low again. PLEASE, supplement her with the Dr.Millers Nutra Drops, NOT that sticky, thick instant sugar jolt stuff that dissipates from her system within an hour!!! You have seen that stuff is essentially ineffective for anything beyond emergency immediate sugar jolt/boost. I think you said she wouldnt take it from your fingers....you did not have the right stuff, because this stuff is a liquid, red in color, and you dispense it into their mouth with a syringe.....no licking it off the fingers....but they usually love it and will swallow it with no problem. If you have a problem and she wont voluntarily take it, you have to FORCE it, she does not know what is best for her, that is your job, and you must see that she is doing what she needs to do to keep her alive....you saw what happens when SHE dictates to you what she wants to take and not take, eat and not eat, do and not do....
Thank God they pulled her back for you....you MUST continue what they have been doing or you will end up in the same mess. Continue with the baby food chicken until this baby gets to an age where she can survive....you got her WAY too young.....she is under weight, undernourished, and if she is eating baby food chicken, feed that to her....now is not the time to concern yourself with specific dog food....you are trying to keep this baby alive. When she gets old enough, (I am thinking about how under weight/under sized/ under nourished she is) say 12 weeks old, then MAYBE you can start to worry about dog food....she MUST eat....if baby food chicken is all she will eat at this point in time, stick with it! Trying to feed a dead dog specific brands of dog food is not important. You need to get this baby some Pedialyte to drink.....put that in her water bowl to drink....that will stabilize her electrolytes, and keep her hydrated and keep her fluid balance in order. I have done this for a VERY long time......PLEASE, listen to what I am ytelling you!~
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!