View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 07:59 PM   #1
Jellymint
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Monty + Vet Appt; Good + Hard

Monty is home from his big adventure with Dr. Smith! 90% Good Stuff!!

Good
He came through the anesthesia with flying colours! Yay Monty!

His neuter went really really well they say. And yet when she handed him over to me she said that his incision is a bit aggravated, it's kind of angry red looking. She said to keep an eye on it. Hmmm... When he lets me later, I will take a picture so I can track it that way.

His final baby tooth came out no problem.

He got his teeth scraped as he already had a bit of a buildup.

The blood test that checks the function of all his organs was done and every thing is functioning perfectly!! Yay Monty!

I asked them to do a pelvic xray to check his hips. He sometimes nipped the air at his hind end when he was walking and a few times he cried out when I was stroking/playing with him. His hips are fine! Yay Monty! Now I can pay better attention when I play to see where that tenderness is.

Hard
He does have a fractured upper jaw bone and has had one adult tooth removed. The Vet wants to see if the other 2 adult teeth re-seat themselves. You can see the break in the middle of the jaw.

Monty YT Jawbone.jpg

The Dr got to take a good look around inside his mouth and said that other dog really did a number in there. I guess he chomped a couple times.

I am so very upset that the guy let his dog go after he pulled him off when he attached the first time and he went back the second time with a vengeance. The guy really had to work to get him to let Monty go. I get it that dogs for no apparent reason can attack another dog. I took the risk. I definitely own my part. But he let his 4 year old dog go. And that's when the damage was done.

And... shiver shake it off and sit in gratitude that my precious wee Monty is healthy. Sore but very healthy.

It's so funny because when the Dr phoned me after Monty's operation to let me know how it went, he told me about pulling his adult tooth. He said the worst thing about it is that Monty won't be able to whistle as well as he could otherwise. Smile. My vet has a great sense of humour.
Jellymint is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!