View Single Post
Old 03-22-2016, 05:46 AM   #2
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxy823 View Post
Hello, we rescued Honey, we have come to find out she may have come from an Amish breeder... We have heard they are not good to their animals. She is skiddish and does not like to be touched and will run from you and hide. We are gentle and sweet to her...You pick her up and she shakes and then calms down and is so full of love...We adore her and it breaks our heart that she has been so mistreated. She eats good and is playing with our other girl Roxy.. Everyday I do see improvements in her and I know it is going to be a slow and long progress.
She is going potty on pads now with a few accidents... Our next issue is being on a leash...We put it on her and just let her walk around with it on and all is fine but, do not pick it up she stops and is like a rock. won't move. We are a camping family and she has to learn to be on a leash...What can we do to get this to start happening slowly. I don't want to drag her along. Help.....

My trainer is coming over tomorrow for a few private lessons because a few other issues, but this is the big one- just a bit of a head start on group training. If she says anything above and beyond some of the advice I've gotten on here, I'll tell you what she says. . I was told on here that treats work, and acting confident. I also got a harness, then the buddy belt.. harness just wasn't good enough and almost choked her. :/

She's responding, but it's very slow going. If I had a yard It would be much better, but I won't risk taking her off of a leash to explore the surroundings. She loves the dog park on our property, though, and that really helped her.
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!