View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 09:22 AM   #9
JennaPenny
YT 500 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by canana View Post
If you notice a lot of dandruff, I would consider changing her food, whether feeding raw or a high quality grain-free kibble. The dandruff means her skin is dry and she'll likely scratch more, which won't help the skin or your husband's allergies. I am allergic to dogs and when I first got Scottie I suffered the whole itchy red watery eyes too, despite Yorkies being relatively hypo-allergenic. So it was very important to me that I got rid of his dandruff.

If you go with the grain-free kibble route, make sure you read the ingredients list. Prior to Acana and Orijen, Scottie also tried Fromm's Grain-Free kibble, which is known to be really good as well. They're really small bite sized pieces! Once you change the food, you may need to wait a month or so to notice changes. Just make sure you do the gradual transition if you do change kibbles. If you go with feeding raw, don't mix with kibble - they digest at different rates and could give your little one stomachaches.

Also consider giving her filtered water rather than tap water. That may help too. Yorkies are so sensitive
The filtered water was given from day one. I don't know if you follow much about autism and links with the water supply? I ask because most people don't follow it. My severely autistic son, who had sudden onset autism due to very apparent allergies with shots. He was conceived and in utero there for the first 5 months, when the brain does all the developing. I was drinking "safe" well water, that was later found to have high levels of percolate (rocket fuel) in it, and subsequently was cleaned up. Ky, my son, who is now in an institution and thriving, was found from a DAN! doc to have high levels of different things in his blood, including mercury. So was I, and I also was born and raised in that little pocket of the country. We are fanatics about water now, as you can understand. NONE of us touch tap water, and our baby sure wasn't going to drink it!
JennaPenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!