View Single Post
Old 03-18-2016, 09:08 AM   #8
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

If you notice a lot of dandruff, I would consider changing her food, whether feeding raw or a high quality grain-free kibble. The dandruff means her skin is dry and she'll likely scratch more, which won't help the skin or your husband's allergies. I am allergic to dogs and when I first got Scottie I suffered the whole itchy red watery eyes too, despite Yorkies being relatively hypo-allergenic. So it was very important to me that I got rid of his dandruff.

If you go with the grain-free kibble route, make sure you read the ingredients list. Prior to Acana and Orijen, Scottie also tried Fromm's Grain-Free kibble, which is known to be really good as well. They're really small bite sized pieces! Once you change the food, you may need to wait a month or so to notice changes. Just make sure you do the gradual transition if you do change kibbles. If you go with feeding raw, don't mix with kibble - they digest at different rates and could give your little one stomachaches.

Also consider giving her filtered water rather than tap water. That may help too. Yorkies are so sensitive
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!