Thread: update on Layla
View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 03:28 PM   #4
amerah6
Senior Yorkie Talker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkiemom1 View Post
I am totally in disagreement with her limiting the amount of kibble, especially in a puppy that just had such a reaction with lo blood sugar,....this little darling should be free fed her kibble, with the offering of the canned food at frequent intervals during the day, like 4-6 times a day. I would free feed Health Extensions Little Bites....that kibble is the size of a BB.....I have 3 tiny little Yorkies that get this food......very few dogs do not love it, and it is tiny enough for her to eat it with her tiny mouth! It is coated with the other stuff I recommended to you, the Dr.Millers Pet Nutra Drops...they love it (most dogs do!) and it is tiny enough for her to get in her tiny little mouth....that kibble is only about the size of a BB or a pellet!

I certainly do not agree about holding this baby 24 hours a day, to keep her from expending energy....that is going to be very stressful for both her and you....she should be having nap times during the day....this tiny baby girl should be crated about every 3-4 hours, and allowed to nap....she is just like ANY youngster, this restriction will have to be enforced on her by you....even my adults get a break during the day for 3 hours....all my puppies while they are here, also have rest periods all during the day....they are in crates and are covered with a sheet like a bird cage...they have grown up doing this, so with my dogs, it is simply a part of their day. ALL youngsters should be made to respect multiple resting periods during the day, which allows her to rejuvenate her stamina and her energy....if you do not want to put her down for her rest periods, then do what that vet said....carry her around in your arms for several house for some forced rest.
I guess I didn't word this right...dr wants her to have at least 1/4 cup kibble and at least 1/4 cup can if she eats more that's perfect I let her at her food anytime she wants bit that's t g e problem she don't really want it!! I did boil some chicken tonight and gave her some of that.. as for carrying her around there is no way I can do that all day she definitely needs to learn to rest on her own she just ment to watch how much she is running around because she burns can't burns calories fast!!! I have her on royal canin I will look into the food u suggested to see if I can get it at our pet store.. sorry I didn't word that right!!! I hope it makes sense now! !!
amerah6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!