View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 08:38 PM   #1
Ceceandchilidog
Yorkie Yakker

Default Separation anxiety and travel help

I need help and advice. I have two yorkies and we planned a Disney trip and I intended to take them with us as we found a good neighbor hotel that allows well behaved pets. We recently brought them on a little mini trip and they were so badly behaved. We left the hotel room and they barked and whined nonstop. We ended up just taking them with us every place we went and took turns staying in the car with them because we could literally hear them on the first floor and our room was on the second and we didn't want to irritate other guests. This won't work with Disney. We can't take them with us or leave them in the car. So our only option is to board them. Chili has such bad separation anxiety that if I even look like I'm going to leave he starts shaking like a leaf. The thought of leaving them for 9 days breaks my heart. I know they will be so stressed and sad. They sleep in the crook of my knees and the small of my back at night and at the kennel they are alone. Has anybody left their fur babies in a kennel that long? Do you have any suggestions on how I could possibly get them to behave in the hotel room so I don't to have board them. They unfortunately aren't crate trained. Thanks in advance for your help.
Ceceandchilidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!