View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 12:08 PM   #13
canana
Donating YT 1000 Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yavenay View Post
That's the hardest about having this little ones. When they are not feeling well and the can't tell you what is wrong. But after having pets my whole life. I've developed some techniques to kind of gauge when I need to make a vet run. For the obvious symptoms, like passing out or falling over, injury or intense pain (you can tell when the pain is intense because they cannot get comfortable for a sustained amount of time), all reasons I rush to the vet right away.

I hope your little one feels okay.
It's so true. It's really really hard and gut-wrenching when they just look at you trying to let you know something's wrong and they can't speak.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opium88 View Post
...about a half hour later I noticed she looked drunk. She weaves when she stands still and I watched her lean into the wall for a minute, then almost fall down when she went to walk. She'll get almost catatonic like and she'll look all vacant and stare off into space and then she'll snap out of it and become perfectly normal for a few minutes, then start doing that all over again...
Luckily we haven't experienced anything traumatic, but I've heard stories about how two friends' Yorkies, on separate occasions, somehow ate marijuana during their play / walk outside (it's true, Vancouverites are high on pot...and cops don't care). They described the same symptoms your baby experienced. It sounded really scary and both friends immediately took their baby to the vet and both had to stay in overnight care.

Anyway, glad to hear Madlyn is feeling better!!
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!