View Single Post
Old 03-15-2016, 09:16 AM   #8
gemy
YT 2000 Club
Donating Member

Late to the topic (yet again). Deja vu just finished with a Boston thread where in they banned puppy sales in pet stores there.

Oh and btw they banned them in Mississauga Ontario too.... Etobicoke is looking at it And just in case you think we have a lot of surrendered or stray dogs here - last lookie lou at GTA shelters the most I found up for adoption in any one shelter was *GASP* wait for it. FIVE dogs yuppers just 5. When we allow the Quebec rescues in we get a big bump but then they are fairly quickly adopted - oh yes except for bully breeds - black dogs particularly large black dogs. In all my years working and travelling into and out of downtown Toronto I saw exactly one stray female who had had a litter she was rescued by me - taken to the vet that morning - and I spent a few hours trying to find her litter. I was successful and all the pups saw the vet that afternoon....

Having shelters or rescues offer even a rudimentary health warranty will effectively put them out of business... Watch for what you might agitate for.

This state is mimicking the relatively recent APHIS rules that we fought so hard against and lost. Must meet in person = etc etc. Going to the breeders site - might just be effective - but if a con game is going on then smart folks who are only in it for the money will figure out a dozen ways to dazzle the would be purchaser. In this day n age of technology surely we can Skype or send videos of our environs - maybe even get audited by some sort of accredited auditor as to our breeding home.

The public needs to wrap their head around a truth. If we want purebred dogs that are well bred we have to stand up for the rights of breeders to breed them. And while I don't like sales in pet stores - I don't make the mistake that those pups always come from puppy mills. Block the puppy mills at the source - close them down.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!