Thread: Just got her
View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 07:17 AM   #4
matese
Donating YT 3000 Club Member

All my puppy's were gotten at 8 weeks old, I don't know being a week younger what their learning abilities are. Until puppies have had ALL their vaccines they should NEVER be out doors. All vaccines are usually finished when puppy is 5 or 6 months old...... Keep her confined to a small area, x-pen or iris pen with a pee pad in it when you cannot supervise her. When she is not confined and is supervised keep a pee pad close to where she will be. The first time she pees off the pad absorb her pee with the pad, place the pad back where it belongs, pick her up , place her on that pad and use the command word in a FIRM voice pee pee on the pad (or what ever word you use). If she poops on the floor, pick up the poop, place it on the pad, pick her up, place her on the pad with the poop on it, use command word again in a FIRM voice "poo poo on the pad". You MUST be consistent. .....If you keep her confined to a small area, xpen or iris pen it would be the same procedure, if she pees or poops off the pad do the same thing. Patience and consistency are key in any type of training. All my pups were 100% pad trained at 5 months old, all had all their vaccines at that time, then I began house breaking them, meaning they were taught to do their business outdoors.
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!