View Single Post
Old 03-09-2016, 10:26 AM   #1
amber__93
YorkieTalk Newbie!

Love Nursing Yorkie Flat Nipples

Hello ! My yorkie gave birth to her first litter on March 3rd She had three puppies , two chunky girls and one little boy. The boy is the runt of the litter and on March 6th I had to take him to the emergency room because he was definitely weak, not eating, and separating his self from the litter. The vet was able to get him to eat and tube feed and so far he seems to be doing fine and is active again.

Mommy yorkie ( Maya <3 ) did not have an appetite at first however she is starting to come around slowly eating more and more each day. I have to try different things to see what she will eat and or drink.

She will eat soft and hard puppy food mixed together but only if spoon fed.
She will eat some of the boiled egg that the vet recommended but only about half of an egg.
She will drink a little water and she loves drinking the puppy formula.

I have taken them to the vet twice since being born and the first time the vet mentioned that Maya wasn't producing a lot of milk so they gave her a shot to help her produce more.

This morning the pups woke me up and when I went to check on them they seemed to be trying to nurse but no milk was coming out so they were crying while nursing. The pups have only been nursing from the same three nipples ( the three closest to Mayas rear ). I gently squeezed he nipples other nipples that haven't been put to use and milk easily came out of them. I tried to put the pups on those nipples but because the nipples are not sticking out they wont latch on they whine and push themselves back to the back nipples.

While nursing from the back nipples milk is coming from the front nipples.

Is there a way to get those other nipples to stick out so that they will latch on and drink the milk ?

The vet recommended that I get yogurt and cottage cheese for Maya so that she can produce more milk so I will be getting that today as well.

Thanks in advance for any help offered ! This is my first post, and my baby Mayas first litter so just want to make sure i am doing everything I can for her and her puppies.
amber__93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!