View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 08:43 PM   #8
iggy7799
YorkieTalk Newbie!

No the vet did put him on Hydrocodone. We just started it today so we'll see how it works at helping with his cough. If it doesn;t work, I'll be talking to the vet about something else.

We don't know if it's a valve issue. We do know it's an enlarged heart which is pressing heavily on his trachea. The vet offered to have the cardiologists look at the x-ray and run an ultra-sound. I told her we would hold off on that for now as I don't want to put him through more testing and more testing, etc. That's why we're not doing the testing for Cushing's. The vet said the testing could be intense for older dogs and he's got enough problems right now.

I also told the vet what was important to me was his quality of life. I'm not going to put him through alot of things that's just going to stress him out and tire him out even more than he already gets.

He has a dinosaur that's his favorite toy and usually when I pick it up he knows its playtime. He no longer chases it when I throw it, he'll take a couple of steps to go after it then go lay down. So he tires much much faster now but he's a happy little guy and doesn't seem to be in much if any pain right now.

Thank you for your response to my questions and concerns. I hope your pooch gets better. It's so hard to see them not feeling well.
iggy7799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!