View Single Post
Old 03-02-2016, 04:13 PM   #15
Yorkiemom1
Rosehill Yorkies
Donating YT Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneBaby View Post
I took them to an emergency vet and I am following their recommendations. 2cc every 2-4 hours. I've been doing it every 2 except sometimes during the night, then I go to 3. Should I do it every 2 hours during the night?

Thanks for your help.
It has been my personal experience that emergency vets are not really experts on what to feed newborns.....PLEASE, mix up the formula I have given many, many times on this site, for people to feed these struggling enfants....you have a MAJOR issue I deal with, already under control!!! TUBE FEEDING!!! EXCELLENT!!! Now, you must weigh these babies, a little postal scale will do just fine, and give 1cc/oz of the formula I am going to repeat, delivering 14-16 calories per cc...this formula will meet all the enfants needs and turn them around almost overnight...you also need to be weighing these babies at least two times a day....once morning and once @ night....record their weights, that tells you if you are meeting their caloric requirements. I am going to give you the life saving formula I have used on my babies that require additional intervention.....this formula is like a miracle and will pull those babies thru if there is nothing else wrong with them.
Formula:

8oz JUST BORN PUPPY FORMULA WITH COLOSTRUM
4 oz Pedialyte
1 raw egg yolk
1/2 cup live culture yogurt...may use Kefir, it is even better!
3 tbsp Dr.Miller's Nutra Drops

This keeps for a week in the fridge...I mix mine up in an Alfredo sauce jar....you feed new borns warm formula every two hours around the clock....then remember to "pee and poop" the baby, by wiping behind with warm cloth which stimulates them to pee and poop. You must weigh them at least twice a day to monitor their weight...they should turn aroud and start gaining weight rapidly...you are going to feed every 2 hours for at least a week, day and night....depending on how well they are doing then, you MAY be able to go up to every 3 hours for another week, then every 3 hours during the day and twice over night (gives you a little well deserved break!)....then every 4 hours when they hit 4-5 weeks old....I am soooooo proud of you, tube feeding!!! THAT alone increases your success in this labor of love by 80%!!!!
Let me know if you need any questions answered!

Last edited by Yorkiemom1; 03-02-2016 at 04:15 PM.
Yorkiemom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!