View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 07:33 PM   #2
capt_noonie
www.yorkierescue.com
Donating Member

I would strongly recommend a crate. If she really hates it, then start limiting the areas of the house she can go. Put up baby gates. She only gets to stay in the room you are in.

Take her out frequently. Every hour or two hours. When you are not at home, she goes in the crate or in her blocked off area, or an ex pen. Feed her at the same time every day. Stay on a schedule. Then take her out on a schedule also.

Toto is 10. He's not the type to EVER tell me when he needs to go. If he needs to go he will find a spot himself and go. So I take him out every hour or so, or as soon as he wakes from a nap. I no longer feel it's a matter of laziness of the owner as I once did. He knows when he did something wrong, as when we call him he won't come. When we find him when he doesn't come out and look at him, sure enough, his pee pee is wet. LOL. If he comes immediately when we call him, yup, always dry. They know! He just doesn't care. Uni on the other hand will tell me when she needs to go. If she gets ignored, she'll go in the shower. Only once or twice I caught him actually going all the way downstairs to use his pad in the crate, and once I followed him upstairs and he went in the shower. I praised him like crazy and he still doesn't get it.
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!