View Single Post
Old 02-25-2016, 04:13 PM   #7
Jellymint
Senior Yorkie Talker

Default Round 2 - Still positive for Giardia

Just got back from the vets. Monty still tests positive for giardia!! Grrrr.... Sigh. So my dr is putting him on a pancur 7 day on/7 off/7 on/7 off/7 on regiment. Seems excessive but after spending hours researching and reading online, not out of the ordinary and in fact is actually the norm to have to do 3 batches.

So after experiencing extreme frustration trying to find information on types of disinfectants to use I have gone and purchased a Shark steam cleaner for my floors with an attachment I can use for the tricky places. Shrug. Some say it's overkill but I say whatever ... makes me feel better that I am attempting something.

I am also going to be making slip covers for his beds because constantly washing them is going to break them down and it's easier to wash a slip cover than a bed lol.

And a big bag of Value Village towels!! This way I can be swapping out towels in the front seat of the car, on the chair etc instead of having to clean the actual seats. Le sigh.

I think the most disappointing thing besides Monty having the horrid wee beasties inside of him is the delay in his socializing and training. I have had to cancel yet another neuter appt so will continue to work with the inside marking.

I have also had to cancel his obedience training. I am sooooo disappointed!! I have a very good telephone relationship with the trainer and can't wait to meet her and get going on training him her style but now that is going to have to be put off for at least a month. And it means I am going to miss out on her April class which means it won't happen until the winter as I will be traveling this fall.

Big sigh. So as sad as I am feeling right now, I am very grateful he is not sick. It could be so much worse. Smile. He is worth it. Nod nod. I get to Youtube my training lessons and wing it.
Jellymint is offline   Reply With Quote
Welcome Guest!
Not Registered?

Join today and remove this ad!